Just imagine that you are driving the car of your roommate or friend and an accident occurs on the road. Who will cover the costs of damages to others caused by you? Don’t worry. The non-owner liability insurance coverage for car rentals in Dallas is here to cover your costs. Yes! This special coverage is only for those who are not having their own cars and are forced to drive the cars of others due to certain reasons.
What is non-owner liability insurance for car rentals in Dallas?
It is also known as “hired automobile coverage”. This coverage covers the costs of body injury and property damages to others caused by you if you are driving a vehicle that is not owned by you. This is very important insurance coverage as it gives you comforts when you are not driving your own vehicle.
It becomes more significant when
- You are consistently driving a car that is not your personal car
- You frequently rent cars
- You frequently borrow cars
You must keep in mind that this coverage covers the costs of damages to others caused by you. It does not cover the costs of damages of your own.
Who needs non-owner car insurance?
If you are having your own insured car and drive it then there is no need to buy this coverage. But if you don’t have your own car and drive a car that does not belong to you, then this coverage becomes essential for you if your state asks you to have this coverage. It happens when you are having a poor driving record. In that case, the state makes it compulsory for you to buy this coverage.
- If you want to have your license back, then this coverage is the best option for you.
- If you are not having your own car and you have to drive other’s car on regular basis. In that case, you must acquire this coverage that will cover your costs even that the vehicle does not belong to you.
- If you don’t have your own car but you are planning to have your own car in near future, then until then you must have this coverage with you.
Non-owner car insurance cost:
Some auto insurance companies nearby Texas don’t offer this coverage while others don’t offer it in every state. Here are a few of the policies of non-owner insurance coverage. You can have one of your own choices.
The cost of non-owner insurance coverage is $200 to $ 300 per year with discounts if you pay your premium with a lump sum amount. This coverage is so much cheap as it offers to pay only $10,000 for bodily injury liability per passenger, $30,000 per car and $10,000 for property damage liability.